In my earlier article, I have discussed different types of soil and their characteristics. This article is just a continuation of the earlier one. If you haven’t read that yet. Go read the article first. In this article, i am going to discuss some of the amazing benefits of having a sandy soil.
Sandy soil refers to the soil where the percentage of large sized (over 1/20 mm in diameter) particle is quite high. Generally, people consider sandy soil as an inferior quality soil. But having sand in your soil will help you in many ways. Looking for a new home? we will help you with that, you might want to buy my house Spokane.
Here are some of the advantages of sand in soils :
- The land warms up earlier in the spring and maintains a higher temperature than heavy soils.
- Fertilizers act more quickly in the soil if the amount of sand is higher.
- You can start tillage earlier in the spring and can continue later in the fall;
- Your tillage will be far cheaper if you have sand in your soil.
- Tillage may begin sooner after rains;
- Transplanting a plant is a far easy task.
- You can grow quite a few different types of veggies in a sandy soil.
- Soils do not become very hard and compact when harvesting crops, especially when the ground is wet.
- Sand lends itself to irrigation because the water is quickly absorbed.
- The root crops are smoother, better formed and have fewer fibrous roots.
- Many crops require less work in cleaning and preparing for storage or market.